First slideshow: Healthcare in social media
- What is social media
- Focusing on 3 topics:
- 1) hospitals in social media
Lee Aase’s slideshow about Mayo Clinic
- 2) doctors promoting practices via social media
- Describing Hello Health
- Why doctors can organize their practices properly?
- Homepage = reputation
- 3) mobile health
- mHealth enters spotlight
- Infographic: Health care’s mobile revolution
- Health and medical mobile apps and solutions
Take-home message: Doctors, hospitals and scientists use social media for different purposes. Find your strategy and the proper tools.
Second slideshow: Collaboration Online
- Collaboration so far: mails, e-mails, etc.
- Now: docs.google.com (how to edit, open, save, publish, etc)
- What kind of offline tools we have to substitute online?
- Table = wiki
- White board = Twitter
- Notes = Google Docs
- Talk = Skype
- And many more: Google Groups, blogs, Friedfeed rooms, Flickr.com…
- Sharing examples: writing manuscripts with Google Docs; finding collaborators on Friendfeed.com, etc.
Take-home message: There are no boundaries of collaboration any more.