I’m really exhausted as the 2nd semester is over and I have a lot to do before launching the 3rd semester in September. For example, the Department of Public Health will ask all of their students to attend the course next year, so the feedback is quite positive. Students had to fill a survey on Surveymonkey.com before and after the course, and I will publish the results soon.
Here are the summaries of the topics I covered in 20 slideshows on 10 occasions.
- Week 1: What are medicine and health 2.0 about?
- Week 2: The Medical Blogosphere
- Week 3: RSS
- Week 4: Wikipedia and Medical Wikis
- Week 5: The world of e-patients and medical communities
- Week 6: Medicine in Second Life
- Week 7: Collaboration Online
- Week 8: Education 2.0
- Week 9: Medical Search
- Week 10: Towards web 3.0
Next semester, I will add a few more topics and change the structure a bit. Your suggestions are always welcome!
As far as I know, this course is still the only course that focuses on web 2.0 and medicine for medical students globally. I hope I can improve it even more so then students can get a clear picture about how they could use web 2.0 tools in their future practices.