First slideshow: Medical practice online
- Why doctors must organize their practices properly?
- Lifehack about how to be efficient online
- Google Docs, Home Blood Pressure Monitoring, Connotea, etc.
- Cases: Medting, Clinical Cases and Images, Cases Journal
- Conferences: conferencealerts.com, medicon.com.au, gotomeeting.com
- Tools: Second Life, patientkeeper.com, Phreesia, Google Calendar, RSS, podcast
- Homepage = reputation
Take-home message: Make your work as easy and efficient as possible.
Second slideshow: Education 2.0
- Lack of inspiration (educators)
- Lack of motivation (students)
- But we can find motivation and inspiration online
- e.g. Ted Talk
- Why? We’re changing (communication, students, even children)
- We’re digital natives.
- Many examples, statistics about education and its problems
- “If you want to teach me, you first have to reach me”
- Wikipedia, Quiz.md, mind mapping, slideshare, simulations, thinkanatomy.com, twitter, friendfeed, and many more
Take-home message: The web is full educational resources. Let’s start using them.