First slideshow: Doctors and the media
- We don’t watch TV on TV any more.
- Statistics about Youtube (pros and cons)
- How could a doctor reach the patient? (newspaper, ads, other patients)
- How can they reach them now? Through online videos.
- scivee.tv, thedoctorschannel.com, emedtv.com
- Or video consultation:
- Jay Parkinson, Hello Health, American Well
- Podcasts: Is it easier to read or to listen to?
- List of best podcasts
- Automatic podcast: Odiogo
- Doctor Radio Show: Doctor Anonymous
Take-home message: the channels of media are changing so doctors can reach patients more easily.
Second slideshow: Collaboration Online
- Collaboration so far: e-mail, mails by post, etc.
- Now: docs.google.com (how to edit, open, save, publish, etc)
- What offline tools we have to substitute online?
- Table = wiki
- White board = Twitter
- Notes = Google Docs
- Talk = Skype
- And many more: Google Groups, blogs, Friedfeed rooms, Ning.com, Flickr.com…
Take-home message: There are no boundaries of collaboration any more.