First slideshow: Towards web 3.0
- Buzzwords!! (there is no real difference)
- Features of web 1.0, web 2.0 and web 3.0
- Concept of semantic web: example of collecting stamps
- I write documents about all of my stamps and later I want to find stamps with red background
- What to do? I do a search but will find the Red Cross stamp and other stamps that have red in their names but don’t have a red background.
- Solution: tell the computer stamp is a stamp, but red is a colour.
- Give meaning to information.
- + OpenID, interoperability (peoplebrowsr.com)
- Powerset.com, Hakia.com, Twine.com, Freebase.com
- What’s next?
- Web 4.0? (glidedigital.com)
- myrl.com, mobile 2.0, internet TV
Take-home message: The story is just about to begin…
Second slideshow: Summary of the last 10 weeks
- Examples for all the tools and sites we have talked about. Many many examples.
- This was the first university credit course of its kind.
Take-home message: I hope I could help you on your way towards web 2.0…