First slideshow: The Google phenomenon
- The first Google search engine in 1998
- The founders, the basic concept, the workplace
- Presenting the best Google applications: News, Groups, Docs, GMail, Images, Google Ads, Scholar, Talk, Youtube, Google Earth, Maps, Calendar, Trends (Flu Trends), Reader, Alerts, Translate, Google Fight
- Also some of the dead ones: Google Lively and Knol
- Talking about 23andme and how our genomic profiles will affect the future of healthcare
Take-home message: Google can make our lives easier. The question is how close we should let it come to us.
Second slideshow: Medical Search Engines
- How to search on the web (Google tricks)
- Pubmed Faceoff
- Biowizard, trend trackers
- Image search (Bing.com), video search
- Semantic concept, chacha.com?
Take-home message: Search like a professional and help your patients search properly online.