I’m really proud that I can organize and run the world’s first university credit course focusing on Web 2.0 and medicine at a medical school. This was the third, and so far most successful, semester with 115 students who filled a survey before and after the course. I hope I can publish the results in a peer-reviewed paper soon with the help of real experts in this field.
In the final lecture, I used Prezi.com again and talked about the future of medicine as well as the results of the surveys. I’ve already got some invitations to do at least a part of the course at other international universities. What is sure is that the next semester will launch in February in Debrecen with assignments and tests because I would like to engage students even more. See you there!
Course material (semester 3)
- Week 1: Web 2.0
- Week 2: Medical Blogosphere
- Week 3: RSS and Twitter
- Week 4: Wikipedia and Medical Wikis
- Week 5: E-patients and doctors in social media
- Week 6: Virtual Reality in Medicine
- Week 7: Social Media in Healthcare
- Week 8: Education 2.0
- Week 9: Google Story and Medical Search Engines
- Week 10: Web 3.0, Web 4.0